7 & 8 Year Old Hybrid Baseball
- This is a Hybrid League using a pitching machine for the first 3 innings and player/coach pitch for remaining innings
- 7-Year Olds wanting to play Hybrid must have completed at least one season of "Rookie" or machine pitch baseball.
The season typically starts the end of March and runs through mid June.
- Each team plays a minimum of 12 regular season games per season.
- Games played during the week generally start at 6:00 PM.
- Games played on Saturday will be generally scheduled at times ranging from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Game length is "no new inning" after 1 hour 30 minutes.
- A double elimination playoff tournament is played at the end of the regular season.
Practice occurs one weekday and one weekend for three to four weeks prior to the season with some practices during the season at the manager's discretion.
CLL provides a 2-button jersey, pants, belt and hat. Hats have numbers and Jerseys have names and numbers.
Rubber cleats are highly recommended.
Parents must provide ball glove.
Teams usually consist of 12-13 players, a volunteer manager, two volunteer coaches, and a volunteer team parent.
Hybrid Baseball FAQ’S
Q: Do you keep score and are there umpires?
A: Yes. Every manager maintains a scorebook. League standings are kept to determine a regular season winner and to determine playoff games. There is a home plate umpire.
Q: What size field do they play on.
A: All games are played on a regulation Little League. Bases are 60' apart and the pitcher mound is 46' from home plate.
Q: Can I have my child play on a team with their friends?
A: Not unless they are drafted on to that team. In this age group, player's skills are evaluated in a skills assessment. Then a draft is held.
Q: Can I Manage or coach a team?
A: Yes, if positions are available. Prospective managers must complete an online application. If you would like to serve as a coach, then please note that on your child's spring online registration. All managers and coaches must be approved by the Chesterfield Little League Board of Directors.
Q: Will my child get to play all the time?
A: No, not all the time, but no player sits twice until all have sit once.
Q: What are the volunteer requirements?
A: CLL is an all volunteer organization so there are many ways to volunteer. Help is always needed with registration, team parenting, assisting with picture and opening night activities, helping with post-season tournaments, and working in the concession stand to name just a few of the many ways to help support CLL